Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What to do, or not to do, when you turn 21!

Today is one of my friends' birthday, Sonik0731, and it's the big 21 today. So I decided to do a special post today!

What to do when you're 21:
Ah, to be 21, basically it means that you can now drink! So cheers to your new ability!
Feel free to drink in my advice!

Celebrate with your friends (who are also 21+):
When I turned 21, the way I spent my birthday was in a bar, with my mom and her friend. What I would've loved was to have spent it with my peers and colleagues. I probably would have had more fun.

Try many different types of alcohol:
There are so many kinds of drinks, and they're producing new ones all the time!
When you first start out, word of warning: do not mix your liquors. From a mother who was a bartender, this is really helpful. If choose wine, have wine for the rest of the night, maybe even a little vodka.
Otherwise you shall be worshiping the porcelain gods for the rest of the night. (that's 21 talk for the toilet)

Learn what type of 'drunk' you are:
Just like there are many different Smurfs, there are many diffrerent types of drunks. Here's a video to show just a few.



Get hungover at least once:
Do this so that you can have the experience of saying "I have no clue what the hell I did last night". Or even the "Shh, keep it down, I have a headache from too much tequila". I have yet to experience a major hangover. (Thanks Mom)
Depending on what, and how much, you drank you may notice:
Fatigue
Thirst
Headaches and muscle aches
Nausea, vomiting or stomach pain
Poor or decreased sleep
Increased sensitivity to light and sound
Dizziness or a sense of the room spinning
Rapid heartbeat
Red, bloodshot eyes
Shakiness
Decreased ability to concentrate
Mood disturbances, such as depression, anxiety and irritability

When not to drink:
Sometimes, it's best not to drink at all. Whether your family has a history of alcoholism, you have substance abuse problems, if you have problems with your liver, and many other health related reasons.
Remember, it's your personal responsibility to drink and keep yourself and others safe at all times.

Stay thirsty my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment