Monday, July 22, 2013

Nerd Fitness: It's for the Nerds

"Level up your life, every single day"
I'm a geek, and I am creating a healthier lifestyle for myself. One of my best resources I go to, and highly recommend, is Nerd Fitness.

Meet Steve Kamb, creator of Nerd Fitness, fellow geek, and inspiration to all geeks and nerd who want to change their life for the better. He talks a lot about fitness such as the beginner body weight workout, also what to do after you injure yourself, he even has a definitive guide to Bacon! Other more nerdy posts, like Role-play gaming in real life and Angry-Birds Workout, keep the geeks in us happy and fit! The first post I ever read was beginner's guide to Paleo, and I've been hooked on his posts ever since.

There are a ton of resources to help many fellow geeks. There are free resouces and workoutsapps, and gear. He's even created a couple of fitness guides, which I would recommend for anyone who was as 'lost' as I was.


A good way to get connected with fellow geeks and athletes is to join the Nerd Fitness Forums, be sure to read the rules of the rebellion. We share our stories, take on challenges, write about our daily battles, and support one another. You will not find another awesome, and nerdy, community like this one. I don't know what I would have done without these awesome bunch of people.

There are a ton of inspirational stories and transformations, first there was Joe, the amazing Nerd Fitness transformer (and he still being awesome). Some of my other favorites are power-lifting super momRobin, the Scout who lost over 100 pounds, and Anne, the cosplayer. These people always inspire me to become better. I always think 'if they can do it, I can do it'

So come join the rebellion!

The geek shall inherit the barbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment