Monday, July 15, 2013

Products and services I use and recommend

Products and services I use:

Phone Service: Straight Talk

Straight Talk is the best, just pay $45 a month and have unlimited talk and text. You could save money buying the yearly card (at the high cost of $495). Almost everyone in my area uses this service. The coverage is great and I can cancel anytime. Not that I will be canceling anytime soon.

Internet Browser: Firefox/Google Chrome

It's a tie between Firefox and Chrome. I've switched to Chrome, because I heard it was faster, with all these apps and games I could download, and the integrated address/search-bar makes searching easier. But I've had Firefox for many years, it's been like a good friend to me. Firefox is super customization, plus it doesn't watch what you search, unlike Google. For now, they tie, having a special place in my desktop.

Email: Gmail

Before I swapped to Chrome, I had Mozilla Thunderbird as my mail client. It easily took my Verizon email address, plus I could create filters and folder, much like any other email service.


E-Reader: Kindle (w/ Keyboard)

I'm an Amazon girl, when I shop online, I go there. So naturally when E-readers came out I wasn't sure which one to get. Nook or Kindle? After researching, I chose Kindle for the fact that it's based with Amazon. Two for one deal!


Laptop: Acer One

Technically this is a netbook, due to the fact that it doesn't have a CD drive. I mainly bought this laptop for school. Since the semester is over I've been using this one for my main internet usage. It took a few weeks to get use to the screen size. Now, I need to adjust to larger screens.
My other computers are a Dell, which I use for my art, and a crash-happy desktop. Besides crashing, I also don't use my desktop because it's currently residing in my my brothers' bio-hazard of a room. I try not to venture there if I don't have to.

Game Console: Xbox 360

If I were to have to choose on one console, I would have to choose my Xbox. I also own a Wii, PS2 and SNES. Out of all of them I use the Xbox the most.
Runner up: Nintendo DS
For handheld gaming I mainly use my phone or DS. Since a phone isn't technically a gaming console, the DS wins.


Facial Lotion: Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer

Since I have pale, sensitive skin, not many products can go on my face without irritation. I have found that Aveeno are one of those products that are perfect for my skin type. Even though it's a little expensive. I love how this lotion makes my skin smooth and has spf 15! It has a little pump, perfect for portioning out lotion.

Hair Straightner: Instyler

I have a massive head of hair, so having something like the Instyler is a lifesaver! It cuts down my straightening time in half. It's basically a rotating flat iron, it has three settings, I tend to use it to the highest setting. Be warned, it is very, very hot. I have burnt myself once and I had a pretty good burn for a few weeks. It comes with a burning shield that I seem to often discard and misplace. Overall, I love this! It normally costs just under $100.

Headphones/Microphone: Fatal1ty Creative

A friend gave these to me because they didn't fit him, they feel perfect for my ears. They go right over and are so comfy I almost forget I am wearing them. Plus, they have a detachable microphone! As much as I like the earbuds of smaller headphones, they sometimes hurt my ears.

What type of products and services do you use and why? Do you recommend something else? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment