Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Laundry day turns into 'Aha' moment.

Just a bear with underwear (www.daddytypes.com)

So last week, there I sat waiting for all of my clothes to finish drying. Thinking and becoming bored, I thought about the day ahead of me. What needed to get done today? What was important today and what can I put off later?

But then that got me thinking...

What have I been putting off for a long time?

I immediately grabbed my phone and got reacquainted with a few of my friends I haven't talked to in a while. Making some plans to meet up with some of them later this week.

I've been putting off a lot of big changes that really need to be seriously considered and then acted upon.

(www.noodle.org)

One of my main problems is that I'm going for my second semester this year at NHTI, do I really want to live on campus this year? Getting accepted into a residence hall would change a few important things. My mother wouldn't be receiving rent from me, which means, she might end up struggling to keep the house. This would also mean that I am going to live on my own for the first time with an unknown roommate. Also for income, because I am going all the way to Concord, I would either have to quit my current job or transfer.


Deviantart.com: Be Happy by Bleach___Lover

Another thing I have been putting off is choosing my own happiness. I know it sounds selfish, to put my own happiness first. But wouldn't life be so much easier if you were living one that you really enjoyed?

I have been unhappy for far too long. Unhappy with my weight, my job, my lack of friends, single life. Now if I were to choose my own happiness, my life would dramatically change. I would quit my job, find or create a job I love, take better care of my body, spend more time with friends, and (hopefully) find true love!

These thoughts and decisions are all thanks to a huge pile of laundry! If I hadn't been forced to wait and mull over things, I wouldn't have started this blog and written this post today!

So, what have you been putting off that needs to get done?

No comments:

Post a Comment